When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade
There is only uncertainty in the near future since none of us are sure how long this situation will go on and there are many variables at play. We only know that it is going to get worse before it gets better.
Below, we have highlighted two different categories to get you through these tough times: preventative measures and proactive initiatives. Preventative measure will help you minimize the impact of the economic recession and proactive initiatives can drive incremental sales.
Whether your country's situation is one with social distancing guidelines or one that has implemented a complete lockdown, hawkers, mamaks, street stalls and restaurants in Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, etc. can still take these preventative measures and proactive initiatives.
- Fever or no fever? - That is the question: implement a policy where guests must have temperatures taken before entering your restaurant, mamak, hawker, or street stall area
- Cleanliness is next to godliness - be a haven for it: disinfect surfaces that customers touch, review hygiene practices with staff, especially handwashing and wearing gloves
- Keep them apart - create social distancing: Make sure there is enough space between tables or chairs, e.g. 1 metre apart from every table; hawkers and mamaks 1 or 2 seats apart from the next guest
- Update reservation policies: be more flexible with your reservation policies
- Save on other costs: plan ways to save on costs, besides staff reduction and/or operating hours
- Seek assistance: stay on top of government assisted initiatives or mandates
- Delivery now available: implement delivery & take away dining
- Marketing is key: invest more resources into marketing through social media and/or with your CRM with email marketing & SMS marketing
These are a few of the many strategies that can be taken to reduce the economic hit to most F&B outlets.
If you’d like more information on how you can use our tools to help you drive incremental sales—request a demo now.