Table of contents:
3. Account and Registration
5. Cancellations and Missed Reservations
6. Promotions and Discounts
7. Feedback and reviews
8. Loyalty Program
9. Loyalty Program Availability
10. Loyalty Program Credits Redemption
11. Rules of Conduct
12. Intellectual property
13. Jurisdictional issues
14. Governing Law
15. Links to third party websites
16. Messages and mobile contact
UMAI would like to invite you to use our Products and Services. However, before doing so we welcome you to read our Terms and Conditions (T&C) policy set which users must abide with before you proceed with our Products and Services (collectively known as Products and Services).
UMAI has the authority and responsibility to amend this T&C, in addition to subsequent policies regarding said Products and Services, at any given time frame, when posted on or through Products and Services. However, if the updates have a direct impact on your personal information - we will attempt to inform you by email.
- By accessing and using the Products and Services you are confirming that you are at least 18 years old, or under the adult supervision who is at least 18 years of age, in which case the adult is deemed the actual user of the Services and will hold all responsibility.
- You have the legal, mental, physical - right, power, and authority to agree to these T&C.
- Services will be limited to individuals under the age of 13.
- The Products and Services offered are strictly for usage between you and UMAI and not for any additional third party member without the consent of UMAI.
- We may choose to refuse in full or in partial Products or Services to any individual, corporation, or entity and change the eligibility criteria as we see fit.
- You are required to provide accurate and complete information that reflects you or your entity - failure to comply will result in default of your eligibility.
ACCOUNT AND REGISTRATION
- You may obtain parts of the Products and Services without creating an account, however, in order to access UMAI’s full line of Products and Services, including the ability to submit reservation requests or subscribe for a Loyalty Program, an account must be created.
- You agree to present accurate and full data that is reflective about yourself (“Account Information”) and agree to update the information in a timely manner when your information alters.
- You are limited to a single account with UMAI. Any attempts to create additional accounts using the same email address or other contact information along with inaccurate or invalid information including, but not limited to billing information, phone number, and name - may result in the suspension of your account or closure of your account(s). As a result, potentially rejecting or cancelling subsequent confirmed or unconfirmed future reservation and/or loss of discounts, cashbacks, credits, or promotions linked to your account(s). UMAI does not take any responsibility for the forfeiture of these benefits in association with account terminations.
- You are obligated to keep your account and account credentials secure and you are responsible for the usage of your account regardless of whether or not it was warranted by you.
- You agree to never use another account holder’s account without their expressed permission in order to access Products and Services. Subsequently, you agree to contact UMAI in the case of an unauthorized user of your account or any other questionable activity or security leak related to your Services.
- You agree to contact UMAI when your eligibility potentially changes.
- When you create a reservation for a restaurant, you will be required to present critical contact information such as phone number, email, and potentially credit card information to confirm your reservation or for reservation payments.
- Once a reservation has been created and confirmed you will honor the reservation by arriving on time and paying for the meal, or otherwise notifying the restaurant for any late or reservation terminations.
- You can edit/cancel your reservations following the link in the reservation confirmation email/SMS that you may potentially receive after confirming your initial reservation. Please pay attention to the Reservation and Cancellation Policy of the restaurant in advance in order to be informed of any potential cancellation charges or other relevant information. All attempts will be made to accommodate your changes with the restaurant, however, note that restaurants might not always be able to accommodate these changes due to capacity, time, or other resource constraints.
- You are restricted to booking one reservation for your personal use per meal time and are forbidden to attempt to resell/upsell any reservation created through our Products and Services.
CANCELLATIONS AND MISSED RESERVATIONS
- You may cancel a reservation at any time if the reservation status is awaiting restaurant approval and confirmation. However, once the reservation has been accepted and confirmed, you agree to honor the reservation by arriving on time and paying for the meal. However, we understand that life presents unforeseen circumstances and if you cannot honor a confirmed reservation, you must cancel that reservation through the Products and Services at least 4 hours before the start time of the reservation. Additionally, some restaurants might provide a more specific cancellation policy: as a result it is pertinent to reference the restaurant associated with that reservation cancellation policy.
- If for whatever reason, there is a wrong cancellation or missed reservation associated with your account, you have the ability to dispute that claim by contacting the restaurant. If they deny your dispute and you feel this is not in accordance with the cancellation policy set when you made the reservation, you have the ability to contact us at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Furthermore, by using our Products and Services you have agreed that all final judgement regarding the cancellation and missed reservation will be made by UMAI’s discretion after internal review.
- You agree that we, or any associated restaurants with your reservation, have the authority to terminate your reservation if you have not checked in 15 minutes past your scheduled reservation time - unless otherwise stated. As a result, it is best to contact the restaurant directly for any pending delays.
- Your cancellations and late reservations will be documented and connected in association with your account. Restaurants will have access to this history.
PROMOTIONS AND DISCOUNTS
- You agree that promotions and discounts must be used for personal purposes in a lawful manner.
- Promotions and discounts may not be copied, sold, transferred between accounts or made available to the public without notification and consent from UMAI or the associated restaurant..
- Note that UMAI and/or the associated restaurant may discontinue or cancel these promotions and discounts at any time for any reason.
- The usage of these promotions and discounts must be within the bounds of the terms of the promotions or discounts.
- These promotions and discounts are not valid exchanges for cash.
- These promotions and discounts may expire prior to usage.
- These promotions and discounts are subject to UMAI’s judgement - if these promotions and discounts are found to be in error, used in an unlawful manner, or in violation of the stated Terms and Conditions - then UMAI has the ability to suspend the usability of the promotions or discount in addition to the potential termination or temporary freezing of the owner’s account.
FEEDBACK AND REVIEWS
- Restaurant feedback is a feature that allows you to provide constructive feedback in regards to the food and service of the restaurant - in order for the restaurant to improve your overall future dining experience.
- When you subscribe for the Restaurant Loyalty Program, you will be required to present critical contact information such as phone number, email, and any additional information requested by the restaurant (e.g. date of birth and/or gender).
- Once the account is set, you may claim or redeem accumulated credits earned by visiting and dining at the restaurant.
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and opting-in to the marketing opt-in/out pop-up, you agree on receiving promotional SMS campaigns that can be redeemed by you according to restaurant marketing purposes.
- Members cannot maintain membership in or earn cashback or points or value on multiple accounts. You may maintain only one account.
- There is no enrollment fee for the Restaurant Loyalty Program.
- By providing your contact information to us, you are agreeing to receive updates and alerts regarding your Restaurant Loyalty Program.
LOYALTY PROGRAM AVAILABILITY
- The Program has no predetermined termination date and may continue until such time as UMAI or the associated restaurant decides to terminate the Program, at any time, with or without notice.
- If the Program is terminated, all unredeemed points, credits or value shall be forfeited without any obligation or liability, and no award claims shall be honoured after the conclusion of any notice period.
LOYALTY PROGRAM CREDITS REDEMPTION
- Credits are redeemable towards purchases in the restaurant offering the UMAI Loyalty Program.
- You can redeem your credits during the checkout process.
- During the redemption process you might be asked for additional information required by the restaurant, such as date of birth, gender, email address, etc.
RULES OF CONDUCT
You are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions, but not limited to the following:
- You promise to utilize the Products and Services in a lawful manner and agree to use the Products and Services in adherence to these Terms and Conditions.
- You are liable for all activities performed while connected to these Products and Services.
- You will not use the Products and Services to bother or cause annoyance.
- You agree not to harm or impair the network, operation or service in any manner.
- You agree that you will not replicate or distribute the Products and Services without granted permission from UMAI.
- You will only be able to use the Products and Services for personal reasons and agree not to resell it to another party.
- You will not attempt to hack or bypass access to other accounts and access restricted Products and Services.
- You will not deploy any of the following: spam, manual or automated software, “crawl” or “spider” of the site, harvest or scrape any content or data from any Products and Services. These are only a few examples of harmful actions, but are not limited to these deployments.
- You will provide proof of identification on request.
- You are aware that when you receive SMS text messages, charges will apply based on the mobile phone provider.
- UMAI reserves the authority to change, modify, or suspend the partial or complete Products or Services (we may also limit certain futures or restrict access to certain futures) with or without expressed permission unless it impacts the use of your personal information. In case it impacts the personal information, UMAI will inform you via email.
- By using UMAI’s Products and Services, you agree to comply with UMAI’s Terms and Conditions. You agree to act in accordance to the law and comply with legal regulations including without limit to copyright law and not to hack, disrupt, disable, reprogram, tamper with, nor reverse engineer UMAI’s Products and Services.
- We reserve the right to access, read and disclose any information we deem necessary to adhere to the law, to the Terms and Conditions, to prevent fraud or technical issues, and to protect the rights and safety of the public.
- You are forbidden to copy, replicate, translate, publish, display, communicate, broadcast, sell, trade, exploit, change, and modify any aspect of UMAI’s Products and Services and third party content without the explicit and granted permission from UMAI or the owner of the specific content.
- You agree not to share content that is deemed inappropriate and can provide others with risk of harm, physical or mental injury to others, especially children. Furthermore, sharing trade secrets and defamatory, and offensive content constitutes a criminal offense. These are just a few examples and are not limited to these examples. The Products and Services may contain content available through applications or third party members including but not limited to data, graphics, text, photos etc… You understand that all or most of these UMAI specific content will be protected by copyright, intellectual property, other trademark, and other legal instruments that restrict the ownership of content.
- The copyright, patents, trademarks, logos, designs, and all intellectual property rights in the Products and Services, including without limitation to the copyright of user content, shall belong and remain to UMAI and the associated restaurant entirely.
- The logos and trademarks created by UMAI and displayed across our Products and Services are considered property of UMAI or connected third parties and all rights to the logos and trademarks are for UMAI and connected third parties. You are not allowed to use any of the trademarks and logos without the consent of UMAI or other third parties.
- Logos and trademarks may not be used in any commercial manner including, but not limited to, sales, advertising, publicity, or as a web hyperlink without expressed consent provided by UMAI.
- The domain name, for which UMAI provides its Products and Services, is the sole property of UMAI and cannot be used or mimicked for personal or commercial usage.
- UMAI holds the rights to all Products and Services along with ideas, feedback, recommendations, and other information provided by you.
- Your agreement to these Terms and Conditions with UMAI does not represent a sale – as a result, you do not hold any of the rights of ownership in the Products and/or Services, or intellectual property rights owned by UMAI.
UMAI is operated and owned in Singapore,, Malaysia, Denmark, Russia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Australia, Portugal, Canada, Vietnam and Scotland . Thus, UMAI makes no representation of Contents of website and application that are deemed appropriate or available for usage in your specific locality. Those who desire to continue to visit or use our Products and Services are held accountable to their own local laws, and the extent to which local law is applied. Also this includes, but is not limited to export and import regulations. Furthermore, you do not reside in a country that is prohibited to deal with companies and Services located in any of the above regions. If in violation of these jurisdictional policies your account will be terminated without warning.
The Products and Services will be governed in adherence to the laws of Singapore or Malaysia including, but not limited to the Singapore Evidence Act and the Electronic Transaction Act. Furthermore, you are agreeing to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Singapore or Malaysia courts.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
While using our Services, you may be able to link to other websites and services and those websites may also provide subsequent links. However, know that when you access a third party, you do so at your own peril and risk. These other linked sites are not under our authority and as a result, UMAI is not liable for the content, validity, and value of these third parties. The fact that UMAI has included these links on our website does not mean that UMAI is associated with these third parties or endorses their websites. Finally, you agree that you remove liability from UMAI if these third parties create any damages or losses.
MESSAGES AND MOBILE CONTACT
- When you provide your mobile number you have agreed to receive SMS and text messages from UMAI in relationship to our Products and Services.
- You understand that rates and costs associated with these SMS and text messages may apply and you are liable for paying such fees based on your mobile provider’s rates and charges.
- You have the capability to opt-out of obtaining these messages whenever you want by emailing us at email@example.com or texting STOP as a follow up to the SMS or text messages you might receive.
You will indemnify and hold UMAI and our affiliates including restaurants and connected vendors along with our respective employees and representatives free from all liabilities, claims, costs - including legal attorney’s fees on a full indemnity basis, demands, actions, liabilities (including statutory liabilities and liabilities to third parties), that could potentially arise from the following, but not limited to the following: usage or misuse or access to our Products and Services or connected Services/Sites, Content or otherwise from the violation of the Terms and Conditions or infringement by you or other third party members using your account or identity to obtain the Products and Services, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity, the breach of any Conditions, the violation of any rights of another person or entity, the violation of statutory requirement or laws. UMAI reserves the right to the exclusive control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which you will assist and cooperate with us in possible defenses.