2. Statement of Importance on data security and privacy for UMAI
3. What is UMAI?
4. Grounds for Processing
5. What types of personal data we collect/process? How information is collected?
7. Sharing your information with 3rd parties
8. How we will use obtained information?
9. Storage and Security of your information
10. Your controls and choices
By giving your consent on marketing pop-up you are allowing us or partnered restaurants to send you emails relating to the Service.
UMAI collects only the information required to provide Services to you. The amount of information provided by you and collected by UMAI depends on the circumstances. UMAI collects all information about an identifiable individual (e.g. name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, gender, date of birth), or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from the information.
When you use UMAI service to participate in Restaurant Loyalty Program we also collect personal information including, without limitation, claiming credits, redeeming credits, redeeming autopilot campaigns. These types of information will be collectively known as “UMAI Loyalty Program Information”
2. UMAI Statement on importance of Privacy
UMAI values privacy of your personal information and we are committed to acquire and retain trust from you.
Last updated: 10.09.2020 - 11.09.2020
3. What is UMAI?
UMAI is an online reservation management system and is the controller and processor for the personal information in connection with the use of UMAI products and Services through our websites and applications . UMAI is legally registered under:
UMAI GLOBAL 1 PTE LTD (201630823N) and NORSKI1 Sdn Bhd (1048892-D)
+60 12 826 3196
Co-Labs, Platinum Park, Level 25
Naza Tower, 10, Persiaran KLCC,
Kuala Lumpur, 50088 Kuala Lumpur
4. Ground for Processing
5. Information we collect and how we collect information
UMAI is in the process of being GDPR compliant.
If you want to request any information on which stage of GDPR compliance UMAI is, please let us know via our online chat or reach us by contacting UMAI DPO: email@example.com
- Information is collected when you register for an account for the usage of our products and Services, when you use the products and Services itself, and when you use 3rd party websites and services. Furthermore, when you partake in a promotion or contest event performed by UMAI or 3rd party websites and services.
- Information we collect allows UMAI to improve our products and Services ultimately improving your overall experience with UMAI products and Services. As a result, we may accumulate and display personal information.
- Information could potentially be shared with affiliates, business partners, and 3rd party websites and services (for more information, please see: Sharing your information with 3rd parties).
- The purpose of sharing this information is to provide a better quality of service to you and communicate with you, validate personal payments, hold market research, analize, and for other functions. The following list contains more information regarding the type of information that we collect
- Types of personal information we collect:
- Email Address
- Mobile phone number
- Password (Restaurant Loyalty Program)
- Gender (Restaurant Loyalty Program)
- Date of Birth (Restaurant Loyalty Program)
- Credit Card Information (UMAI only collects but does not store your credit card information)
- Completed Reservations
- Reservation Preferences - food and dietary
- Total number of reservations
- Number of restaurants you dined at
- Special requests and some more ( no-show rate, other information)
- Type of browser you are using, how you are accessing our products and Services, areas within our products you are using, location data, IP address or other identifiers for your computer or mobile device.
- Other UMAI Loyalty Program Information
How we collect personal information
UMAI may deploy a number of methods to collect information regarding how you interact and use our products and Services through our websites and applications when:
- Making online reservations and online order purchases (takeaway, delivery, gift cards)
- Participating in the UMAI Loyalty Program
- Leaving feedback, editing or cancelling your reservations or other activities on our websites and applications and by using our products and Services
- For analytical purposes by UMAI or other 3rd parties (3rd parties list)
- UMAI collects some information from other sources to update the information on its users , such as professional information (Linkedin) - public information
Cookies are small files located on a user's computers. They contain data specific to the user and web-site.
- A cookie can identify your browser, remember you and your preferences and track your visits to the site. A cookie does not have specific personal information and can be disabled in your browser. Note that if you choose to disable a cookie some functions of the product or Service may not be fully functional. Cookie report can be accessed here.
- Google Analytics Demographics is used to collect demographic and interest data in our population through Google Analytics cookies. These cookies do not collect personal information and can be disabled if you choose to do so.
- You may inhibit information collection by managing your cookies and other tracking technology – however it is your own responsibility to do so. Please refer to your own browser and mobile instructions regarding how to disable and delete cookies and other tracking tools. You can clear this data anytime by clearing your cache and browser data. Cookie report can be accessed here.
- Usage data may be unidentifiable and may potentially be tied to you.
- However, also note that some mobile devices will not be able to remove these cookies and other analytical tools.
- If you have more questions regarding our collection and tracking processes please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also might engage in 3rd party marketing and analytical firms that might collect information for UMAI about your online preferences over time and over the Internet.
UMAI uses Local storage technology for the widget in order to store some user data for convenience. What information is stored:
- First name
- Last name
- Guest tags
Information will be stored on Local Storage until users clean their browser storage.
7. Sharing Your Information with 3rd Parties
3rd parties - restaurants (cafes, bars, etc), websites and services used by UMAI in order to provide the products and Services through our websites and applications.
3rd parties are considered to be controllers of your personal information. This information will be handled and stored by those.
UMAI will not share your personal information with anyone except in the following cases:
- You allow us (gives consent) to share the personal information with 3rd parties that are used to ensure the quality of provided services, web-site and applications as well as customer support. List can be found here: 3rd party integrators and services.
- When you give consent to store personal information, you also give consent for your personal information being accessible with restaurants, bars, cafes, hotels and 3rd party integrators and services.
- Please be informed that as soon as we share your information, that 3rd party is responsible for appropriate storage, security and utilization of the information
However, we are trying to integrate with 3rd parties that are GDPR or in the process of obtaining GDPR compliance.
- Giving consent to use personal information, you are fully accepting and allowing UMAI to process the information for above-mentioned reasons/goals and share it internally and externally with 3rd parties.
Information shared with restaurants
- When you book a reservation through UMAI, UMAI will share some of your personal information on file to the restaurants including your name, email, and phone number once your reservation has been confirmed.
- When you become a member of UMAI Loyalty Program, UMAI will share some of your personal information on file to the restaurants including your name, email, phone number, gender and date of birth once you claim credits from that particular restaurant.
- If you choose to sign up for UMAI Loyalty you thereby give consent to UMAI to send you targeted text messaging marketing campaigns on behalf of the restaurant(s) that you sign up for UMAI Loyalty with.
- If you are a Loyalty Program member or if you gave your consent on Marketing Pop-up, some restaurants might contact you via email or mobile regarding your reservation or send you marketing promotions.
- Some restaurants might ask for credit card or billing information to secure your reservation.
- If you have a photo linked to your account, restaurants will have access to that photo along with specific dietary and food preferences and restrictions.
- Restaurants will also have access to your previous booking history, spend along with your late and no-show record.
- Restaurants will also obtain information sourced from 3rd party platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin.
- We will also provide restaurants with feedback reviews. Restaurants will be able to identify you based on information included in your report such as name, date and time you were at the restaurant.
However, if you want to provide specific feedback to the restaurant those requests will be honored and the restaurant will be able to directly resolve any issue that you might have within your comments.
- By using UMAI products and Services you are agreeing that UMAI will be sharing information to the restaurants and that the Restaurant's 3rd party database will be recorded with your information. As a result, UMAI does not have the privacy policies of other restaurants who might have your information and therefore will not be responsible for the actions of restaurants and how they use your information.
Information shared with our agents and affiliates
UMAI may share personal information with 3rd party analysts/analytics or consulting firms to run analysis to improve our products and Services. These 3rd party affiliates do not have any right to use your personal information beyond what is needed without consent from UMAI.
Information disclosed during business transfers
In the case that UMAI sells, divests, or transfers the company (all or part) during the negotiation of the business transfer UMAI has the right to disclose or transfer your personal information to the 3rd party.
Information disclosed for administrative, legal, and safety reasons
In order to fully comply with the law and other lawful parties, UMAI can use your personal information to the fullest extent including disclosing information to 3rd parties if the data is deemed relevant and necessary. These use cases include, but are not limited to the need to comply with the law and the right of UMAI to protect the rights and security of UMAI affiliates such as employees and agents, and to find fraud or security threats.
Information you share publicly
8. How we will use your information
- The primary reason why we are collecting and will be collecting these types of information is to improve and provide a better Service and offer you a better overall product.
- For providing customer support
- For safety and security reasons
- Marketing purposes - by giving consent on marketing pop-up you are giving consent to allow us or partnered restaurants to send you emails relating to Service. Please see the Information types section.
- Non-marketing purposes
- Automated decision-making - location identification, language choice, delivery fee on location and others.
- To provide a communication channel for restaurants to contact guests.
- To send over SMS text messages from our end or restaurant’s name (Loyalty/Marketing (only if you opted-in for it).
9. Storage and security of your information
- Your data when you give consent to use it, will be obtained through UMAI products and Services and will be stored and processed in any country that UMAI or its subsidiaries and affiliates might occupy.
- UMAI may transfer this information to 3rd parties across borders from your country or jurisdictions to nations around the world according to the reason stated in Sharing your information with 3rd parties.
- If you are giving your consent to use UMAI’s products and Services, please note that your local law might differ regarding the transfer of personal information.
- However, by giving your consent to use UMAI products and Services you are consenting to allow UMAI to transfer data to any country that UMAI has affiliation.
- Data will be stored in UMAI databases and we use encryption, firewalls, and secure socket layer for data security.
- However, it is important to note that UMAI does not store any credit card information and therefore do not have control or responsibility for credit and debit card information. UMAI will contract 3rd party to ensure that payment processors will receive your credit or debit card and that they will remain secure (3rd parties list).
- We will not warranty or guarantee that the security of the 3rd party payment processing firm (3rd parties list).
- As a result, by using our products and Services you are doing so at your own risk. UMAI will not assume any liability nor will we assume responsibility for the security of your payment information. Additionally, it is critical that you as the user safeguard your credit and debit card information.
10. Your controls and choices
You have the authority to provide as much or as little information as you want, however, note that incomplete information will limit your ability to use UMAI products or Services.
UMAI uses information collected from you until you request for the Deletion/Erasure of said information.
You can control your information in several ways:
- Request a copy of all information collected from you
- Change all existing information collected from you
- Delete all existing information collected from you on UMAI. For requesting erasure for associated 3rd party solutions, please contact the associated 3rd party.
- Changing/terminating your consent on marketing communications
For submitting a request for all or some of the above-mentioned choices please contact us at email@example.com
Changing and deleting your account information
You can modify, view, terminate or delete your account by signing into the UMAI product. You are responsible for keeping your account up to date by signing into the product and editing the information when necessary. If you need any assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do decide to terminate your account with UMAI, UMAI will have the right to retain your information. UMAI will retain both personal and usage information for analysis and logistical purposes such as chargebacks or current disputes.
However, if you submit a request to delete all information associated with your account, UMAI will process your request within 30 working days. Please submit your deletion/erasure request to email@example.com
UMAI does not allow individuals under the age of 13 to use our products and/or Services since protecting the privacy of individuals under 13 is extremely important. Therefore, UMAI does not allow individuals under 13 to register for the products and/or Services. If UMAI unknowingly received personal information regarding individuals under 13, we will immediately terminate the storage of personal information/account as soon as possible. If you are aware or are under the age of 13 please email firstname.lastname@example.org for us to terminate and remove your personal information/account in order to comply with legal obligations.
When you create an Account with UMAI
- After creating an account with UMAI, you will be required to present information including, but not limited to: your contact information (name, email address, mobile number, password, gender, date of birth) along with credit card information.
- However, UMAI does not store your credit card information.
- Additionally, you will have the opportunity to share personal information to restaurants such as dietary and food preferences.
- Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to create an account through a 3rd party website such as Facebook. If you do decide to connect accounts with a 3rd party, you are authorizing UMAI to access information from that said 3rd party website. This information will assist UMAI in completing your profile information.
- Information flow will depend on 3rd party websites – the information flow will depend on your privacy setting that you placed for the 3rd party website. To learn more about your current privacy settings contact your 3rd party website which you are attempting to connect with UMAI.
- UMAI may use that information to provide you information regarding our new products and features and assist you in the password recovery process if applicable.
- However, note that you may unsubscribe from these messages and noticed through your account or please contact us at email@example.com
- Finally we will have the right to contact you when we believe that it is necessary.